Rebel Waltz Tattoo Aftercare
- Keep bandage on for 6-8 hours; we usually leave it on overnight if possible.
- Gently, but thoroughly, wash with warm water and a mild soap til all the excess blood, ink, and plasma is gone, leaving it smooth to the touch - not slimy. DO NOT rebandage.
- Take a HOT, wet towel and hold it on the tattoo for 30 seconds, then repeat step 2.
- Keep tattoo clean and dry.
- Once your tattoo begins to peel lightly, you may use A VERY SMALL AMOUNT of Aquaphor or an unscented white hand lotion, ONCE or TWICE a day at most.
- If you aren't finding it stiff or itchy, avoid using lotion. It is the LEAST important part of healing, and using it when not necessary can actually prolong and complicate the process.
- Don't pick or scratch your tattoo - IT WILL PULL PIGMENT OUT.
- Let the tattoo heal as naturally as possible.
- Stay out of direct sunlight, pools, saunas, lakes and baths for a couple of weeks. Showers are fine, just don't take longer than you have to.
- DON'T OVERTHINK IT! Seriously. Just leave it alone for the most part and it will heal faster.
- If any problems arise, please don't hesitate to call us at 204-832-6733. We'll be glad to help.
NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE FINAL OUTCOME OF YOUR TATTOO IS A DIRECT RESULT OF HOW WELL YOU FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES.